What is 3D Printing?
3D printing is an additive method of manufacturing in which STL or CAD files can be printed from a digital format to a physical object by laying down successive layers to build up the object. We offer full colour, multi polymer material 3D printing. Working models with moving parts can be printed in one go due to the additive manufacturing technique.
Why Would You Want an Object 3D Printed?
3D printing is most commonly used as a form of 3D rapid prototyping. Using 3D rapid prototyping means more companies can verify and change designs more often while spending less money and time doing so! The benefit of rapid prototyping is that you can have an end result that works the first time which meets your customers’ demands and overall makes your company more competitive! Rapid prototyping can also be useful in your marketing material and for sales pitches! Tooling is frequently being 3D printed and the materials we offer are widely used for this application.
Would you like to know more about how we can assist you with your 3D Printing and Scanning requirements?
Overall, 3D printing means you can:
Prototype ideas quickly | Bring projects to life | Print in a variety of materials | Print geometries that no other technology can | Make production tooling and fixtures
Materials can we print your models from:
- Polyjet – Vero Gray, Vero Pure White, Vero Black Plus, Vero Cyan, Vero Yellow, Vero Magenta, Tango Plus, Tango Black Plus, Rigur
- FDM – ABS M30 Black, White, Grey, Red, Blue, ABS ESD7, PC-10, PC-ISO, PC-ABS, Nylon 12, Ultem 9085 Natural, Black
- PLA – Large amount of options – please call for details
- Onyx, Fibreglass, Carbon Fibre, Nylon, Kevlar, HSHT (High Strength, High Temperature) Fibreglass
Sizes we can print your models:
- In a single print, sizes – UP TO 500mm * 500mm * 900mm (Prints can be joined together and we can VAPOUR SMOOTH ABS prints if needed to enhance surface finish)
3D Printing is an area we have invested heavily in over recent years. Originally a request from one of our long-term customers, we have increased our in-house capability to seven 3D printers capable of a vast array of capabilities. At the moment, we offer polymer based 3D printing in-house but we are closely watching the metals market to decide when to jump in! We have the following equipment in-house:
- Stratasys 400MC FDM
- Stratasys Eden 500v Polyjet
- Stratasys J750 Full Colour, Multi Material
- Stratasys Mojo FDM
- MarkForged Mark2 FDM
- Ultimaker 3 Extended FDM
- Printer McPrintyface – in house designed and built FDM 3D printer